RN Med Surg (Day Shift) 10K Sign on bonus
*May qualify for $10,000 sign on bonus with 2 or more years’ experience*
Assess and provides care for patients in adult and older adult age groups according to the plan of care and physician orders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients.
- Manages pre & post care of patients undergoing diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
- Assesses needs and coordinates care of the medical, surgical and terminally ill patients.
- Prepares patients for transfer to SNF, Rehab Unit, and extended care centers.
- Manages pain control through assessment, appropriate and timely medication, followed by clear and concisedocumentation.
- Provides care and education congruent with age related needs for patients ages 18 through older adult population.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to
- Engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 126315