RN, FT (7a--7p-Day Shift) NICU
JOB SUMMARY: Manages critically ill neonates. Maintains care relative to each patient’s age, development, prescribed treatment and other identified needs. Practice is under the general supervision of the NICU Director and Medical Director. Is required to assess the high risk infants in conjunction with the MD to establish and deliver patient care for the level II and level III neonate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for tracking and evaluating patient physical assessment and laboratory parameters.
- Manages patient care through evaluation, action and decision to minimize patient compromise, using highly technical equipment and monitoring devices; arterial and venous lines, ventilators, central lines.
- Maintains readiness of emergency equipment and supplies in the NICU, stabilization area, and neonatal transport unit.
- Attends high risk deliveries, cesarean sections and transports both in house and out of house. During this time provides airway management, monitoring vital signs, and administration of prescribed medications and IV fluids for the compromised neonate.
- Documents assessment, treatments, lab, and progress in relation to daily goals in the patient’s record.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and techniques in the field by reading appropriate journals, books and other literature and attending seminars, conferences and the like.
- BLS certification required
- NRP certification required
- S.T.A.B.L.E certification required