RN Adult Psych (Night Shift) *10k Sign on bonus
Under the general supervision of the Director/Associate Director, renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician’s treatment plans and standards of practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient’s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, evaluates patient’s progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports and maintains the Mission, Core Values and expected customer service behaviors of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
3. Uses nursing process to provide all levels of patient care:
4. Assesses patient’s condition based upon observation, examination, and/or interview, physician’s diagnosis, laboratory findings, age-related issues and other pertinent information.
5. Implements nursing interventions to achieve progress toward expected patient outcomes or to stabilize a patient’s condition and/or prevent complications.
6. Evaluates and documents patients’ response to nursing care and modifies or revises treatment plans, and/or contacts physicians as circumstances require. Participates in interdisciplinary patient care planning in order to plan and evaluate effective patient care.
7. Provides patient (family) education based on diagnosis, treatment plan or prescribed medical regimen in accordance with patient (family) readiness and ability to learn.
8. Uses professional judgment to prepare and prioritize the patient’s plan of care consistent with patient assessment data and physician’s treatment plans and professional standards of practice/care. Incorporates the patient’s physiological, psychological, cultural, developmental and spiritual needs into the plan of care.
9. Renders professional nursing care including administering medications, starting intravenous fluids and blood products. Performs both complex and routine treatments as prescribed by physicians or as warranted by patient’s condition.
10. Promotes good stewardship of hospital resources while ensuring quality patient care.
reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
11. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
12. Provides rapid assessment in psychiatric emergencies and directs intervention as appropriate.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Minimum requirements to be considered for hire: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing program, a valid license to practice in the State of Texas and a minimum of one year clinical nursing experience in the area of expertise.
· Experienced nurses are defined as having the knowledge and skills commensurate with peers with similar training, and experience functioning on the unit. Clinical RNs with less than one-year experience in related field will require a nursing internship.
· New graduates from an accredited School of Nursing with a valid GN permit will be considered and required to successfully complete a nursing internship.
· Work requires a general level of knowledge and clinical competencies as typically acquired through the completion of the education and training requirement below; and current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
· RNs are supported in obtaining certification in their specialty area.
· Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
· Work requires a general level of knowledge and clinical competencies as typically acquired through the completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
· Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
· Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
· Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
· Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 120545