Registered Nurse (RN) PACU
Department: Recovery Room (PACU)
Shift: Days, 3x12s or 5x8s
Care for patients, ages infant to elderly. Manage patients during and after emergence from anesthesia including general, Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC), regional, spinal/epidural.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracking and evaluating patient laboratory and physical assessment parameters.
- Manage patient’s condition and care with focus on airway maintenance. Able to manage airway status in rapidly changing circumstances and take action to avoid or minimize patient compromise.
- Initiate post-operative therapies such as, patient controlled analgesia, epidural infusion, Swiss therapy, etc.
- Participates in and manages patients undergoing electrical therapy i.e., electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and cardioversion.
- Participates as assigned in PACU on call schedule and arrives on site within 45 minutes.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses CredentialingCenter.
- Bi or Multilingual.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED