Receptionist, FT (Administration Department)
Greets and screens visitors to Administration, conducting oneself in a courteous business-like manner. Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously and routes to the appropriate person, to include the Customer Service Line. Provides administrative support to various personnel, such as typing of correspondence, arranging meetings and maintaining business calendar and receiving and distributing mail. Handles ordering of all supplies for department and responsible for maintenance of copier and fax machines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Provides administrative support for special projects, preparing data, and reports.
5. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls. Responds to majority of calls and
visitors by utilizing knowledge of relevant department and hospital policies and
procedures. Interacts with a variety of hospital and outside personnel. Responds to routine inquiries
6. Responds to unique customer complaints, problems, and requests to include physicians, patients, family members, visitors, vendors, and other employees. Documents complaints in complaint log
and follows up to assure closure.
7. Develops, implements and maintains department record keeping and filing system to include patient
8. Types, often sensitive and detailed correspondence, memos, contracts, and reports.
Proofreads final copy materials for accuracy, consistency, and clarity.
9. Coordinates and attends meetings as requested. Responsible for meeting arrangements and minutes.
10. Arranges meetings, conferences, schedules appointments as requested.
11. Receives and distributes mail to administrative offices.
12. Handles routine department inventory for office supplies, ensuring supplies are available on a
consistent basis. Ensures copier and fax machine are in good working condition and supplies for such are readily available.
13. Maintains and updates hospital Management Manual on a regular basis.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
16. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- One to two years healthcare experience, preferably in heavy public contact area dealing with issues and concerns in healthcare.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word, Excel and Power Point and Outlook.