Radiation Physicist Oncology
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Deliver ionizing radiation to the patient in accordance with the prescription and instructions of the Radiation Oncologist and under the general supervision of the physicist. Must be able to adhere to the Behavioral Expectations/Customer Service Standards, demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to insure safe operation of the facility, demonstrates compliance with HIPPA policies and procedures and an understanding of the population served.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrated superior patient service skills in a direct patient care environment
- Knowledge of MOSAIQ electronic medical record preferred
- Experience with Elekta Infinity Linear Accelerator, IMRT & VMAT treatment administration with on board imaging preferred
- C.T. experience preferred
- Current licensure as required by Texas state or national authority and/or certification or board eligible in Radiation Therapy by the American Registry of Radiology Technology.
- Maintain ARRT certification in radiation therapy with a minimum of documented 24 hours of continuing education.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLEDSalary:
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.