PRN Ultrasound Technologist - Registered - The Heights and Main Campus
St. Joseph Medical Center in The Heights opened as an extension of Houston's first hospital - St. Joseph Medical Center in downtown Houston. Linked to the services and physicians of the main campus, St. Joseph Medical Center in The Heights was opened to serve the growing communities that had for too long been without healthcare at home. Campus is located at 1917 Ashland, Houston 77008.
Promotes quality patient care through the performance of diagnostic/invasive ultrasound and peripheral vascular procedures utilizing appropriate technique, established protocols, physician direction and age specific guidelines. Maintains thorough knowledge of ultrasound equipment, biopsy instruments, supplies, and quality assurance guidelines and applies such knowledge in day to day performance of duties.
The Medical Imaging Department is committed to providing quality diagnostic, radiological and invasive exams while maintaining the highest standard of care. We advocate a standard of excellence and technical perofrmance of the highest quality evidenced by our compliance with the requirements of the Texas Department of Health, The Joint Commission, FDA, MQSA, and American College of Radiology.
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 6a-50 (on call after hours, weekends, and holidays)
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1 year scanning experience (requirement may be met through completion of clinical phase of ultrasound training)
- Current BCLS certification
- ARDMS or registry eligible and ARDMS within 2 years of hire date.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Graduate from an approved/accredited School of Ultrasound Technology required.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled