Patient Care Assistant II (PCA/Transporter); Surgical Services Department
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, transports patients to various Hospital locations. Delivers patient charts, cards and so forth to appropriate locations, picks up and stores supplies, and assists in maintaining a variety of noncomplex transportation related records including name of patient (or material) transported, arrival and departure times, problems encountered and so forth.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Minimum two to four weeks on the job training necessary in order to learn Hospital locations and transportation policies and procedures.
Education & Training: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to read in order to verify correct patients (specimens) are transported and to write in order to maintain noncomplex records on patients names, pick-up sites, delivery times and so forth. Ability to understand and follow noncomplex written and verbal instructions in order to transport patients and specimens to appropriate Hospital locations and assist in positioning patients on examination tables.
- Basic interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with patients and other Hospital personnel when transporting patients and/or other materials.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to ninety percent of work time and to push and pull weights of more than fifty pounds for up to eighty percent of work time when pushing wheelchairs, stretchers, carts and the like.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.