The Director champions best practice and evidence-based initiatives and serves as a catalyst for change. The Director supports professional nursing practice and empowers and supports nurses to continuously improve in the delivery of safe, effective, compassionate, and efficient nursing care in collaboration with all health care disciplines. This position is responsible for participating in the strategic planning for nursing services and the realization of nursing goals. The Director ensures compliance with standards established by professional nursing organizations, national, state, and local regulatory agencies, and institutional policies and procedures. The Director is accountable for supporting professional nursing practice that upholds high standards of integrity and ethical behavior. The Director mentors others, role models professionalism, and participation in activities such as nursing organizations, nursing research, the community, and bodies that shape health care policies and practices. Listen to and honor patient and family perspectives and choices.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or related field.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center within two years of appointment
- Three or more years of experience in the specialty area.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing procedures, processes, and acute care organizations.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively and work collaboratively with the leadership team, executive team, and staff.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Adept using Microsoft Office, online applications.
- Bi or Multilingual.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Master’s Degree, DNP/PhD
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED