Food Service Worker II
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Work in the tray line, serves patient and assist with menu selections. Assist in plating patient food, assemble, deliver, pick up and dump, washing of plates, utensils and trays for each meal service. Responsible for patient special requests and needs and provide in-between meal food delivery. Relay patient food issues/concerns to Culinary Service, Dieticians and Nursing. Interact with Nursing in regards to patient nutrition needs or requirements. React accurately and effectively to all changes to ensure efficient timing of services and accuracy of diet ordered by physician. Know and understand dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations. Provide quality service which will be evident by good internal and/or external patient satisfaction survey results on assigned units.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in health care environment desirable, but not required
- Food Handler Certification
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience. Must have the ability to read, write and speak English (or other languages as necessary), follow written and verbal instructions and complete simple computational skills.
- Strong verbal communication, reading and writing abilities required. Ability to interact with patients and staff in a professional and courteous manner. Basic computer skills. Basic math skills.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.