Chief Financial Officer
Ensures the financial viability of Steward Health Care, LLC (Steward) by establishing and monitoring financial plans and budgets. Manages the financial affairs of Steward in accordance with business unit goals, sound business practice, and Steward policies and in compliance with various government regulatory requirements. Plan organize, and direct the fiscal services department including the development, interpretation, coordination, and administration of Steward’s policies on finance, accounting, insurance, financial/accounting systems, internal controls, and auditing.
- Establishes and monitors the annual operating budget in accordance with sound budgeting principles and corporate guidelines. Interfaces with Human Resources and other departments in preparation of manpower plans, salary and benefit proposals.
- Supervises and develops managers in areas such as patient accounting, data processing, credit/collection, general accounting, purchasing, PBX and admitting. Establishes performance plans and objectives and evaluates results with subordinates at the end of the performance period. Provides positive direction and open lines of communication with and between subordinates.
- Directs subordinates in developing and implementing systems and procedures for effective and accurate record keeping.
- Evaluates Steward’s overall financial position and prepares periodic financial and operating reports.
- Coordinates with other senior members of management in developing major financial plans including capital expenditure programs.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of all financial and accounting systems at Steward. Directs the development and implementation of new systems, policies and procedures as required.
- Assists in the developing of new business by analyzing the feasibility of new ventures including managed care contracts and advises management of the financial prospects.
- Attends promptly to the administrative details of the position including the signing of documents, preparation of reports, completion of performance appraisals and other employee-related actions.
- Ensures that the financial operation of Steward is carried out in an ethical, responsible manner.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130664