Case Manager RN
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Under the direction of the Director of Case Management, coordinates patient’s care from admission, through hospitalization, to post-discharge follow-up with emphasis on collaborative relationships with patients and families, clinical nurses, physicians, social workers and other health care team members to best meet the patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Specifically, the Case Manager uses a problem solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation and revision of the plan to achieve optimum patient outcomes.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree in Nursing, Social Work, or related medical field.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing or Licensed as a Social Worker provided by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners.
- Two years experience as a Clinical Nurse, proficient in clinical and technical skills in nursing specialty; leadership and teaching skills in order to gain a full understanding of case management practices and procedures.
- Minimum of one year experience involving care management sresponsibility in an acute care hospital
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care utilization review requirements. Must be familiar with federal, state and accreditation standards as they relate to care management and utilization review.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to clinical area in
- order to effectively communicate with patients and physicians.
- Ability to speak clearly enabling patients and the like easy comprehension.
- Ability to write and print legibly.
- Demonstration of customer focused skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing or doctorate
- degree in nursing.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing
- Bi or Multilingual.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.