Behavioral Operations Coordinator- Center for Behavioral Health
JOB TITLE: Behavioral Operations Coordinator
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Position is responsible for providing operational support to Behavioral Health leadership, prioritizing and addressing evolving needs as they arise. Position will also provide administrative support to Regional Vice President of Behavioral Health Services, TX/LA/AR/FL Division pertaining to corporate initiatives as well as routine assistance, such as building reports, typing correspondence, arranging meetings and maintaining business calendar.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision, and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Upholds the Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Coordinates operational data acquisition and provides data analytics relating to business development, growth and compliance for Behavioral Health operations.
- Provides administrative assistance to VP of BH services, including auditing, reporting and correspondence with regional BH leadership.
- Supports Director of Nursing and Director of Inpatient Services regarding clinical initiatives, performing routine audits and reporting for SJMC Center for Behavioral Health.
- Communicates audit and reporting insights to Behavioral Health leadership and helps develop and implement corrective actions.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls pertaining to SJMC BH administration. Responds to escalated calls and visitations by utilizing knowledge of relevant department and hospital policies and procedures. Interacts with a variety of hospital and outside personnel. Responds to routine inquiries for information.
- Responds to customer complaints, problems, and requests to include physicians, patients, family members, visitors, vendors, and other employees. Follows up to ensure closure.
- Consistently follows facility guidelines and procedures in performance.
- Coordinates and attends meetings as requested. Responsible for meeting arrangements and minutes.
- Arranges meetings, conferences, schedules appointments as requested.
Completes annual education requirements.
Promotes a culture of patient safety which results in the identification and reduction of unsafe practices.
Coordinates Open for Business program and Risk Assessment initiative for SJMC Behavioral Health department.
Develops, implements and maintains department record keeping and filing system to include incident storybook binder.
Types, often sensitive and detailed correspondence, memos, contracts, and report. Proofreads final copy materials for accuracy, consistency, and clarity.
Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
- Coordinates OCCP Compliance initiative for SJMC BH department.
Other duties as assigned.
Enhances the patient experience by fostering a positive
relationship with customers.
Contributes to improving patient satisfaction results.
Develops and communicates insights from exploratory data analysis and routinizes essential data analytics.
Actively participates in the development and achievement of key strategic goals and objectives owned by the Regional Vice President of Behavioral Health Services.
Promotes stewardship of hospital resources while ensuring quality patient care.
Maintains regional Behavioral Health database of clientele history and resources.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
One to two years healthcare experience, preferably in heavy public contact area dealing with issues and concerns in healthcare.
Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
Competence with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience reporting with Microsoft Power BI suite and competence with DAX.
Other certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Bi or Multilingual.
Experience querying data with SQL..
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED