Womens Clinic Social Worker
Under the direction of the Director of Womens Services, coordinates patient’s care from admission, through hospitalization, to post-discharge follow-up with emphasis on collaborative relationships with patients and families, clinical nurses, physicians, social workers and other health care team members to best meet the patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Specifically, the Social Worker uses a problem-solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation and revision of the plan to achieve optimum patient outcomes.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree in, Social Work, or related medical field
- Licensed as a Social Worker provided by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners / LMSW
- Two years experience as in a acute care or LTAC clinical setting, proficient in clinical and technical skills in nursing specialty; leadership and teaching skills in order to gain a full understanding of case management practices and procedures
- Minimum of one to three (1 - 3) years experience involving care management/utilization review responsibility in an acute care hospital and/or managed care setting
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care utilization review requirements
- Must be familiar with federal, state and accreditation standards as they relate to care management and utilization review
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to clinical area inorder to effectively communicate with patients and physicians
- Ability to speak clearly enabling patients and the like easy comprehension
- Ability to write and print legibly
- Demonstration of customer focused skills
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Bi or Multilingual.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.