Switchboard Lead Operator
Under the direction of the Director of the Safety/Security Department, the Communications Supervisor is the first line supervisor for the Communication operators. The Supervisor has the authority and responsibility to hire, train, schedule, and discipline employees; and the duty to ensure departmental compliance with Hospital guidelines and procedures. The Communications Supervisor participates in activities to assure that customer satisfaction results are consistently maintained; demonstrates effective communication and public relations skills. Complies with and supports the Mission, Vision and values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Administrative responsibilities:
a) Determines staffing requirements.
b) Interviews, hires, orients, and trains personnel
c) Identifies training needs and requirements
d) Conducts performance reviews.
e) Conducts termination process.
f) Complete reports as required.
g) Updates guidelines and procedures.
j) Monitors attendance records
5. Supervisory responsibilities:
Insure proper compliance with:
a) Operation of telephone and data processing equipment.
- Hospital guidelines and procedures.
- Providing quality service and accurate information to callers and visitors in a timely manner.
d) Telephone courtesy
e) Customer Service programs.
6. Provides back-up support for the PBX operators and Lead Operators.
7. Maintains the Xtend database and the hospital phone directory.
8. Ensures the operator work area is clean and neat. Ensures all equipment problems/issues are forwarded to the proper areas for repair.
- Maintains effective communication with Director on as needed basis.
- Supportive of the compliance program as set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
b. Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
c. Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
- Sets and example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Five (5) years working in a/or with telecommunications equipment. Prior supervisory experience preferred
Education & Training:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with computer based PBX systems
- Basic computer knowledge.