Supervisor; Central Sterile Processing; 3pm to 11:00pm; Evening Shift
The incumbent will supervise the staff and shift activities involved in the assembly and distribution of case carts containing the consumable supplies and instrumentation needed for surgical procedures performed in the operating room and women’s center. Incumbent will also assist with purchasing and repairs of surgical instruments, and the operation sterilization equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of St. Joseph Medical Center
2.Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
3.Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4.Coordinates activities related to the assembly of instrumentation.
5.Assist with purchasing new instrumentation
6.Assist with inventorying and ordering supplies.
7.Assist with sending instruments for repair/ refurbish
8.Coordinates activities related to the assembly of case carts
9.Ensures that supplies are available on exchange carts and are issued on an as needed basis.
11.Assist in maintaining compliance with OSHA, AORN, JCAHO and other regulatory organizations...
12.Ensures adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
13.Ensures adherence to hospital policies and procedures.
14.Participates in a quality assurance program that measures departmental compliance to policies and procedures.
15.Monitors productivity levels of technicians to insure departmental goals are met.
16. Assist in maintaining sterilization records in compliance with regulatory agencies
17. Assist in monitoring the Kronos timekeeping system.
18. Maintain employee files including attendance
19. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
20. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.