Steward Traveler Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist ( 5/8's Variables) 13 week contract
Promotes quality patient care through the performance of diagnostic and interventional radiography utilizing appropriate technique, established protocols, physician direction and age specific guidelines. Acts in an advisory capacity to the Cardiologist on proper projection and techniques needed to provide optimum results. Maintains a thorough knowledge of contrast agents, angiography equipment, supplies, radiation safety and quality assurance guidelines and applies such knowledge in day to day performance of their duties. Demonstrates friendliness, helpfulness, and concern with patients and visitors. Provides service to physicians in a helpful and timely manner. Maintains a cooperative relationship with co-workers and other hospital employees according to the values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment utilizing Time Out procedure.
4. Warms up equipment according to techniques set up by Manufacturer to ensure proper functioning of equipment prior to the start of each day’s cases.
5. Establishes radiographic techniques and delivers radiation needed to produce quality radiographs with adjustments made as indicated.
6. Produces CD of images obtained during procedures and accurately labels each one.
7. Documents/Communicates flouro times and amount of contrast media utilized during procedures.
8. Participates in equipment maintenance programs instituting repairs as needed and keeps all records related to P.M. programs and maintenance repairs.
9. Maintains X-Ray supply inventory.
10. Assists with preparation of patient prior to procedure.
11. Monitors radiation safety of staff and patients. Regularly inspects lead aprons and notifies Director when repairs and/or replacements are needed.
12. Provides on-call coverage for after hour procedures, including STEMI call. Must report to hospital within 30-45 minutes.
13. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
14. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 2-3 years special procedure work required.
- Experience in the area of cardiac catheterization preferred.
- ARRT/RCIS/1-5 years on the job training
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School Diploma required with successive completion of studies at an accredited School of Radiology with Registry obtained or on the Job training for over 3 years.
- Working knowledge of all radiographic equipment used in the Cath Lab.
- Good communication skills
- Computer documentation knowledge
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.