Stationary Engineer I - Licensed - FT, Day Shift
Perform diversified duties as assigned. Operate and maintain boilers. Observe various meters and gauges and take appropriate action for safe operation. Start, stop, switch over boilers as appropriate. Clean and repair boilers, blow tubes and discharge sediment, regulate feed water and condensation pumps, lubricate pump equipment. Follow preventative maintenance schedule. Perform work such as repack valves as needed, change piping, clean and paint in boiler room as needed, lubricate boiler compressors, pump and related parts regularly. Clean inside boiler walls as needed. Repair and/or replace broken or worn parts, e.g. valves, meters, levers, etc. Keep log on boiler and cooling tower water samples. Assign proper chemical treatment to boiling and cooling waters. Repair major repair needs and unsafe conditions to supervisor. Keep boiler room clean and orderly.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Two years experience in the operation of automatic and manually controlled high pressure steam boilers and two years experience in the operation of automatic and manual air conditioning systems.
- Experience should include both centrifugal and hermetic chillers.
First Grade, City of Houston Boiler License is required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate verbally and effectively with co-workers, Associates and patients, both in person and on the telephone.
- Demonstrates reasonable intelligence, accuracy, imagination and the ability to cooperate with others.
- Must be prompt and have a neat appearance.
- Recognizes emergency situations and makes proper decisions accordingly, with minimal direct supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled