Special Procedures Tech Cath Lab (Day Shift)
Promotes quality patient care through the performance of diagnostic and interventional radiography utilizing appropriate technique, established protocols, physician direction and age specific guidelines. Acts in an advisory capacity to the Cardiologist on proper projection and techniques needed to provide optimum results. Maintains a thorough knowledge of contrast agents, angiography equipment, supplies, radiation safety and quality assurance guidelines and applies such knowledge in day to day performance of their duties. Demonstrates friendliness, helpfulness, and concern with patients and visitors. Provides service to physicians in a helpful and timely manner. Maintains a cooperative relationship with co-workers and other hospital employees according to the values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Level I- One to 5 years experience meeting competencies within 90 days of employment.
Level II- Five plus years experience meeting competencies within 90 days of employment.
· Current Medical Radiologic License issued by Texas Department of Health and current ARRT required or Certified in Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or will sit for RCIS exam and pass within 12 months of hire.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
· Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
· Accredited school of Radiology or RCIS.
· Working knowledge of all radiographic equipment used in the Cath Lab.
· Good communication skills
· Computer documentation knowledge
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- 401K w/match after 1 year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to 20% Employee Cafeteria and Café Discount
- Discounted Tuition with affiliated University
- Inexpensive Parking
- Easy accessibility from Houston Freeways
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Ancillary Insurance