Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient’s psychosocial needs and develops plan of care in concert with the patient’s care team.
- Provides short-term and long-term psychotherapy to identify problems; provides ongoing counseling and facilitates needed referrals.
- Links patient/family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to sources for information/referral for financial assistance, transportation, food, housing, support groups.
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families and community to ensure continuity of care.
- Documents patient/family status and history, diagnosis, treatment plan, evaluation results, observations and progress in electronic medical record.
- Serves as a resource to other staff on community resources and in area of specialty.
- Conducts support groups for patients and/or families.
- Master's degree in social work, LICSW
- Minimum three to five years experience in social work and providing psychotherapy with diverse patient populations
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient south coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.