Social Worker Case Mgr - Traveler LMSW Required
SOCIAL WORKER TRAVELER - CASE MANAGEMENT
Come work in the city that has it all! Professional sports teams, excellent theater, arts and museum districts, outstanding parks, outdoor music venues and superb dining!
THE SOCIAL WORKER CASE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Director of Case Management, coordinates patient’s care from admission, through hospitalization, to post-discharge follow-up with emphasis on collaborative relationships with patients and families, clinical nurses, physicians, social workers and other health care team members to best meet the patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Specifically, the Case Manager uses a problem-solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation and revision of the plan to achieve optimum patient outcomes.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree in, Social Work, or related medical field
- Licensed as a Social Worker provided by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners
- Two years experience as in a clinical setting, proficient in clinical and technical skills in nursing specialty; leadership and teaching skills in order to gain a full understanding of case management practices and procedures
- Minimum of one to three (1 - 3) years experience involving care management/utilization review responsibility in an acute care hospital and/or managed care setting
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care utilization review requirements
- Must be familiar with federal, state and accreditation standards as they relate to care management and utilization review
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to clinical area in order to effectively communicate with patients and physicians
- Ability to speak clearly enabling patients and the like easy comprehension
- Ability to write and print legibly
- Demonstration of customer focused skills
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Bi or Multilingual.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED