Scheduling Coordinator (PRN)
Schedules patients for outpatient tests, surgery and procedures within the facility (SJMC).
Responsible for answering incoming calls from patients, physicians, physician office staff in a timely and professional manner.
Responsible for scheduling patient’s from receipt of orders faxed into the scheduling
Responsible to ensure all physician orders are present in the Avaya fax server; filed in the appropriate folder and accessible to all SJMC personnel authorized to access orders via the Avaya fax server.
Responsible for scheduling patient’s accurately and timely.
Responsible for canceling and re-scheduling patient appointments timely & efficiently.
Tracks and follows up on no-show patients
Tracks and takes appropriate action regarding outstanding physician orders
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Requires previous hospital experience and/or experience in a hospital scheduling department or physician's appointment coordinator or free standing imaging facility with scheduling background.
- 5 years minimum, highly preferred.
- Basic clerical skills; minimum typing speed of approximately 50 wpm with Windows based knowledge.
- Medical Terminology desired.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School or GED equivalent required.
- Technical, critical independent thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independent carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly, directly, and professionally. Does not participate in gossip.
- Demonstrates consistent use of customer service skills (acknowledging others, phone skills, anticipating and responding to customer needs).
- Demonstrates professional behavior in actions and consistently portrays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates to patients, family members, physicians, and co-workers courtesy and caring through customer service skills.
- Identifies role as a team member and works efficiently to achieve goals of team, department, and hospital.
- Is appropriate and positive in response to work changes.
- Manages conflict effectively and/or seeks appropriate assistance from Director, Manger or HR to resolve conflict.
- Respects diversity of each individual (e.g., patients, families, physicians, and co-workers).