RN Patient Experience Director
RN Patient Experience Director
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
The Patient Experience Director acts as the hospital champion to promote a culture of service excellence to deliver an exemplary patient, family and visitor experience that positively impacts outcomes (Press Ganey, HCHAPS).
The Patient Experience Director’s focus is on developing and implementing a patient and family centered 5-star experience utilizing best practice strategies. Responsible for creating and leading training programs for all staff, including physicians, to continuously improve the patient experience. Analyzes patient experience data and metrics to create and implement initiatives that result in meeting established goals for patient satisfaction.
The Patient Experience Director will provide back-up coverage for the Patient Advocate in their absence.
• Participate in the creation of education and training programs for all staff, including physicians, centered around customer service and creating a 5-star patient experience;
• Uses findings from analysis of trends in complaints to mentor individuals and departments to develop appropriate service action plans;
• Identifies and implements systems and processes to improve efficiency and reduce expenses that do not compromise qualify of services/mission;
• Must be able to interface with various levels of internal and external customers in a confident, professional, approachable manner;
• Interface with patients and families to ensure that care is consistent with their expectations;
• Facilitates resolution of complaints/requests from Patients & Visitors to improve patient experience;
• Analyzes patient experience data analytics and metrics;
• Participates in the creation and implementation of action plans resulting in increased patient experience;
• Using available data, identifies patients who may present exceptional challenges and identifies opportunities to proactively intervene to improve their experience.
• Regularly attends, participates and/or coordinates department meetings, taking minutes when requested.
• Acts as an intermediary to Hospital Administration on behalf of patients and their families;
• Presenting action plans and education to both small and large groups;
• Collects data about patient care problems, prepares reports, analyzes trends, and reports information to appropriate departments for action;
• Responsible for the work and success of the Patient Experience Associate’s and Patient Greeter Program by setting performance standards, setting priorities for all tasks, monitoring progress and follow-up in compliance with established hospital policies and procedures, and patient experience initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Ensures the dignity of patient/customer is maintained at all time.
• Cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion; ability to handle difficult and angry people constructively; and interact with physicians and senior leadership.
• Excellent judgment, objectivity, ability to work with others, with strong communication skills, and the ability to develop innovative and feasible solutions to complex issues in which the boundaries are broad and difficult to determine in advance.
• Excellence in organizing the details of multiple and related subjects, issues, and situations to present and recommend solutions in a logical, cohesive format.
• Analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
• Establishes a rapport with the patient and family to learn what is the most important to them in their hospital experience and their preferences. Communicates findings to the appropriate healthcare team members.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and articulate key presentations to a broad range of individuals.
• Confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive information is essential.
• Superior teamwork skills as a team member.
• Effective change management skills.
• Strong sense of ownership and high level of accountability.
• Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Responds and provides service recovery, must be able to address difficult, awkward situations with tact and diplomacy, and with empathy.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Attends and participates in staff meetings, orientations, and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required, actively participates in mentoring and coaching
• Knowledge of the CMS guidelines for communicating with patients regarding patient experience
• Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate
• Excellent analytical skills and judgment to interpret data and create/implement action plans to address varied situations and circumstances relating to patient experience.
• Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills along with excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of HCAHPS survey, its administration protocols and parameters
• Strong attention to details, commitment to excellence and strong planning and organizational skills, using time efficiently and prioritizing and coordinating tasks appropriately
• Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritizing skills
• Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with a strong focus on customer service, supporting patient care, or hospitality.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other relevant applications Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Completion of some form of continued education regarding customer-focused relationships, relationship building, service excellence or other similar program.
• 1-2 years prior experience supervising staff in a service, healthcare, or related industry (preferred).
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.