RN - PACU - PreOP/Phase 2
Care for patients, ages infant to elderly. Manage patients during and after emergence from anesthesia including general, Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC), regional, spinal/epidural.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracking and evaluating patient laboratory and physical assessment parameters
- Manage patient’s condition and care with focus on airway maintenance
- Able to manage airway status in rapidly changing circumstances and take action to avoid or minimize patient compromise.
- Participates in and manages patients undergoing electrical therapy i.e., electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and cardio version.
- Participates as assigned in PACU on call schedule and arrives on site within 45 minutes.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, LICENSE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing
- 2 years minimum experience as hospital PACU experience
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy - BLS, ACLS
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- 401K w/match after 1 year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to 20% Employee Cafeteria and Café Discount
- Discounted Tuition with affiliated University
- Inexpensive Parking
- Easy accessibility from Houston Freeways
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Ancillary Insurance
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.