RN/LVN Hiring Event! August 25th 1pm-3pm
Are you a new RN looking for career growth in a supportive environment?
If you're looking to grow your nursing career in a culture that values professionalism and compassionate care? Come work with us at St Joseph Medical Center! We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. This teamwork allows for #career growth and promotes continuous learning. Learn more about all of our available career opportunities and apply online today:
This Hiring Event is targeting RN’s who primarily are working in sub-acute roles, including long-term care, skilled nursing, or home health care. The goal is to help bridge current nursing experience to mastered competencies necessary to care for patients in a quaternary care setting.
Assess and provides care for patients in adult and older adult age groups according to the plan of care and physician orders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients.
- Manages pre & post care of patients undergoing diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
- Assesses needs and coordinates care of the medical, surgical and terminally ill patients.
- Prepares patients for transfer to SNF, Rehab Unit, and extended care centers.
- Manages pain control through assessment, appropriate and timely medication, followed by clear and concise documentation.
- Provides care and education congruent with age related needs for patients ages 18 through older adult population.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to
- Engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low-cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
• Experienced Nurses looking to work in a new specialty • Experienced Nurses seeking to work in a higher acuity area or new specialty,