EMERGENCY ROOM RN – SIGN-ON BONUS $12,000
3/12s, Beeper Pay, Call-Back Pay
Currently Offer $12,000 sign-on bonus to an experienced ER Nurses, with a minimum of 2 years current experience.
Work in Houston’s Downtown community hospital as a Traveling RN and enjoy all the professional sports, expansive theatre and museum districts, music venues, great restaurants, great parks, walking and biking trails ….. just about any outdoor interest!
EMERGENCY ROOM RN SCOPE OF CARE:
Assesses and provides treatment for infant, child, adolescent, young adult, and elderly patients according to chief complaint and presenting symptoms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triages, assesses, and prioritizes patients upon arrival according to the ESI Level 5 Triage System. (Only nurses with at a minimum of 1 year ED experience, completion of the ESI course, and documented competency in triage will be assigned to triage).
- Performs primary and secondary assessments on patients with traumatic injuries and initiates immediate nursing care and therapy for patients presenting with cardiac symptoms.
- Assesses and manages patients with rapidly changing and\or life-threatening conditions in accordance with Emergency Care Center guidelines, order sets, and Advanced Cardiac and Pediatric Life Support protocols.
- Manages pain control needs for all patients.
- Provides care and education congruent with age-related needs for the infant, child, adolescent, young adult, and elderly populations.
- Educates patient or caregiver on appropriate home care, including safe and effective use of medications, pain management and comfort, needed referrals and resources, and when to seek further care and follow-up after emergency care.
- Incorporates the patient’s physiological, psychological, cultural, developmental, and spiritual needs into the plan of care
- Consistently follows patient care, and facility guidelines and procedures in performance
- Directs support personnel in implementing patient’s plan of care, provides supervision and guidance, and evaluates effectiveness of the delegated tasks
- Collaborates with inter and intra professional colleagues to ensure quality outcomes.
Maintains eight (8) hours of stroke specific education yearly
- Service Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision, and
Values of St. Joseph Medical Center
- Upholds the Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance
- Adheres to all Steward Healthcare policies on Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
PRACTICE QUALITY EXPECTATIONS:
- Completes annual education requirements. Maintains competency, as evidenced by completion of competency validation requirements.
- Promotes of a culture of patient safety which results in the identification and reduction of unsafe practices. Uses nursing process to provide all levels of patient care Uses professional judgment and critical thinking to prepare, prioritize, and execute the patient’s plan of care consistent with patient assessment data, physicians’ treatment plans, and professional standards of care.
- Implements measures to prevent exposure to infectious pathogens and communicable conditions. Identifies risks and hazards to patients through various risk assessments, with actions taken to mitigate patient harm. Listen to and honor patient and family perspectives and choices. Acknowledge the patient’s and family’s knowledge, values, beliefs, and cultural backgrounds to ensure they are incorporated into the planning and delivery of care.
- Communicates and shares complete and unbiased information with the patients and families in ways that are affirming and useful.
- Ensure that patients and families receive timely, complete, and accurate information to effectively participate in care and decision making.
- Encourage and support patients and families in participating in care and decision making at the level they choose.
- Collaborate with patients, families, healthcare practitioners, and healthcare leaders in policy and program development, implementation, and evaluation in facility design, in professional education, as well as delivery of care. Understands that a solution may create a “new way of doing things” that is not how it has always been done, but is the right thing to do.
- Takes ownership of a patient safety related issue and openly, acknowledges an ongoing problem requiring attention. Affirms that decisions made that will impact families and direct patient care requires patient and family representation as part of the multidisciplinary approach.
- Encourage the concept that “just culture” should prevail. Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes stewardship of hospital resources while ensuring quality patient care.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments.
- Enhances the patient experience by fostering a positive relationship with customers.
- Contributes to improving HCAHPS results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
- Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree preferred
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center preferred
- Bi or Multilingual preferred
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS & TNCC certification required as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Bi or Multilingual.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, 401k with Match, Short and Long-Term Disability, Supplemental Coverages, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Inexpensive Parking.
WE ARE ADHERING TO THE CDC COVID 19 GUIDELINES.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.