RN Cath Lab Charge Nurse
- The Cath Lab Charge Nurse is accountable for the supervision and performance of the Cath Lab daily operations, patient throughput, personnel, inventory management and ensuring compliance with standards of care.
- Manages day to day operations of the Cath Lab including patient throughput, collaboration with physicians and the Cath lab patient schedule
- Participates in hiring, evaluating, and coaching of the staff in conjunction with the Director of Cardiovascular Services.
- Oversees staff and "on call" schedule ensuring appropriate experience and skill mix for all shifts
- Maintains responsibility for ensuring properly functioning equipment and adequate supplies
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and communicates via occurrence reports or direct communication with Leadership Team
- Participates in policy creation or revisions and staff compliance with the policies
- Ensures quality control processes are completed per Lab and/or regulatory requirements
- Collaborates with Director of Cardiovascular Services on budget, new capital equipment planning and achieving productivity standards
- Serves as a role model to staff by participation in cases or post cath recovery of patients
- Participation on accreditation teams or other hospital committees
Responsible for other duties delegated from the Director of Cardiovascular Services
This job requires availability to be on call.
The cath lab charge nurse will carry out job duties consistent with St. Joseph Medical Center’s mission and values by working as a team member and mandating customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations Required:
- Current Texas RN license
- BSN Preferred
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS) required from the American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) required; American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted
- 3-5 years recent Cath lab experience
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through ongoing skills and competency assessments
- Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology/ Cardiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers
- Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing workflow, and actively participating in problem-solving
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially regarding activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- 401K w/match after 1 year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to 20% Employee Cafeteria and Café Discount
- Discounted Tuition with affiliated University
- Inexpensive Parking
- Easy accessibility from Houston Freeways
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Ancillary Insurance
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.