The Risk Manager is responsible for the facility's risk management activities, which includes but may not be limited to a general knowledge of facility insurance programs; managing claims against the facility interfacing with defense legal counsel; administering the risk management program on a day-to-day basis; managing and analyzing risk management data; and conducting risk management educational programs; complying with risk management accreditation and regulatory agency standards with the objective of enhancing patient safety, quality care, and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the facility. This individual participates in formulating policy and/or organizational changes with approval from higher authority.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience is entry level, 1-3 years in Risk Management
- Key attributes: Strong written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, team player, ability to influence change without direct authority, and negotiation skills.
Texas RN license - desired but not required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Certification/Education may include associate degree, RN, ARM, pursing CPHRM.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and DNV regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Attends annual review and performs departmental in-service.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Attends committee, PI and management meetings, as appropriate.
- Resolves personnel concerns at the departmental level, utilizing the grievance process as required.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, and safety and infection control.
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directive to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Provides age appropriate care to age range from pediatric to geriatric.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED