Risk Management Director
The Director of Risk Management is responsible for the risk management activities of St. Joseph Medical Center, which include, but may not be limited to, managing claims against the facility, interfacing with the facility's third party administrator and defense legal counsel, administering the risk management program on a day-to-day basis, managing and analyzing risk management data, conducting risk management educational programs, complying with risk management related standards of DNV and other accrediting and regulatory agencies with the objective of promoting patient safety, enhancing quality care, and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the facility.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Five years in Healthcare Risk Management.
- Management level experience preferred.
Texas RN Licensure - Desired but not required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
College & Certification by ASHRM in Healthcare Risk Management.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate computer knowledge.
- Ability to abstract a medical record.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED