Registered Nurse; Medical Surgical-7a-7p- Day Shift
Assess and provides care for patients in adult and older adult age groups according to the plan of care and physician orders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients.
- Manages pre & post care of patients undergoing diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
- Assesses needs and coordinates care of the medical and terminally ill patient.
- Prepares patients for transfer to SNF, Rehab Unit, and extended care centers.
- Manages pain control needs of patients with sickle cell crisis and acute and chronic pain.
- Provides education congruent with age related needs for the adult and older adult.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The 5th floor Medical/Surgical unit contains 55 beds and provides medical and surgical care to patients requiring inpatient hospital services. The Department has telemetry capability for use in any room.