Registered Nurse; Intensive Care Unit; 7p-7a; Night Shift
Manages critically ill patients. Provides care to patients ages 14 through elderly adults.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracking and evaluating patient laboratory and physical assessment parameters.
- Provides care and education with age-related needs for adolescent, young adults and elderly populations in a highly technical environment.
- Manages patient care in rapidly changing circumstances and takes action to avoid or minimize patient compromise.
- Complete management of medication and intravenous therapy. Support patient’s vital signs by safely titrating medication.
- Manages equipment used to monitor multiple physiologic systems, including ventilators, intra-cranial pressure (ICP) drains, arterial lines, Swan -Ganz catheters, and intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP).
- Maintains eight (8) hours of stroke specific education yearly.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The Intensive Care Unit is a 24 bed unit dedicated to providing care to the critically ill adult population; patients with conditions that are acutely life threatening and that require monitoring are admitted and treated in the Intensive Care Unit.