Program Therapist - Behavioral Medicine - Inpatient Services - PRN
Responsible for providing high quality patient care, displaying good skills assessment, psychodiagnosis, and treatment planning; conducts group, individual and family therapy; conducts routine discharge planning for Medicare, traditional Medicaid, and non-resource patients; and direct patients to designed community agencies or resources, as necessary. Additionally, he/she is expected to function well as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
SCOPE OF CARE:
A mental health treatment team delivers care and services consistent with professional standards of practice, licensure laws, and regulations. The treatment team works together to restore, improve and maintain the patient's assessment level of psychiatric functioning while minimizing symptoms, exacerbation of chronic illnesses, impairments, and disabilities by utilizing an individualized treatment plan. There are 93 beds available.
There is a 12 bed Women's Behavioral Unit for professional women with mood disorders.
Patient Population Served:
Mentally ill adults with one or more psychiatric and/or addictive disease diagnoses that include, but are not limited to: mood disorders, schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders, substance abuse related disorders and anxiety disorders.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
One year experience working with mental health patients is required.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Professional Counseling (LPC), Licensed Professional Counselor Intern (LPC-I) or a Licensed Master's in Social Work (LMSW) is required, or Psychologist is required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required and CPI certification is required.
Education & Training
Master's degree in Social Work, counseling, or psychology.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the positions.
- Able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.