Pool Program Therapist (variable shift)- Psych Therapy Adult
Program Therapist (PRN) variable shift- Psych Therapy Adult
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Retirement & Savings
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Responsible for providing high quality patient care, displaying good skills in assessment, psychodiagnosis, treatment planning, group treatment, individual treatment, and family treatment. Additionally, he/she is expected to function well as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Follows the guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Conducts individual psychotherapy, family therapy, and group sessions, displaying good theoretical knowledge of psychopathology, family therapy principles and group therapy techniques.
- Conducts educational group sessions, displaying good theoretical knowledge of subject matter and effective communication skills in presenting material.
- Completes psychosocial assessments and psychosocial updates in a timely and high quality fashion.
- Completes all components of treatment plans and documents daily progress on individual problems related to therapy functions.
- Communicates patients’ progress to other treatment team members; plans/devises patient goals in conjunction with other treatment team members, including psychiatrist, nursing staff and patients.
- Works in close conjunction with patient, family, nursing staff, and attending physician.
- Completes progress notes in a timely and high quality fashion for inpatient and PHP patients.
- Assists Director with program planning, implementation and monitoring clinical activities.
- Conducts Performance Improvement activities and disseminates results to treatment team. Utilizes results to make recommendations related to program improvements/changes.
- Monitors patients’ progress/regression on an on-going basis and recommends treatment changes to primary psychiatrist
- Assists in de-escalating patients and displays appropriate CPI techniques.
- Utilizes age appropriate techniques for the adult and geriatric population.
- Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the IASIS Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
- Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- One year experience working with mental health patients is required.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Professional Counseling (LPC), Licensed Master’s in Social Work. (LMSW) or license in Psychology is required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification is required.
- Current CPI certification or must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, counseling, or psychology
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to Behavioral Medicine in order to effectively communicate with physicians, team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.