Promotes quality patient care through the safe transportation of patients to and from areas within the hospital with appropriate technique, established guidelines, and age specific guidelines. Maintains knowledge of proper oxygen tank handling and body mechanics and applies such knowledge in the day-to-day performance of duties.
- Uses good body mechanics when moving patients to and from with the use of stretchers/wheelchairs, with emphasis on patient safety, comfort and privacy.
- Must be able to manipulate oxygen hookups, portable IV pumps and O2 canisters correctly and maintains rigid adherence to department safety standards.
- Remains alert to changes in patient’s condition during transportation and notify appropriate personnel if changes are observed.
- Responsible for appropriate equipment selection, cleanliness of equipment, returning equipment to proper areas, reporting and removing all substandard equipment.
- Reports back to staging room immediately after the completion of a trip unless dispatched to another location.
- Consistently able to respond to high volume situations in addition to routine schedule without sacrificing accuracy/quality.
- Must meet modality specific departmental standards.
- Adjust personal schedule to accommodate department workload including on-call when required. Assists others in department as time and schedule permits
- Displays a cooperative attitude and communicates effectively with customers.
- Displays a professional demeanor when interacting with patient/family and remains sensitive to family’s needs if they choose to accompany the patient.
- Consistently logs in trip time accurately with the ServiceHub app, communicates delays, equipment changes and cancellations to lead transporter, as they occur to expedite transports
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- One year verifiable work experience
- MUST HAVE OR OBTAIN PRIOR TO START DATE Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Education & Training: • High School Graduate//GED - Must be able to be verified
- Able to pass drug screen
- COVID 19 Vaccine