Patient Care Assistant; 7P-7A- Night Shift- Medical Telemetry-Heights Location
Under supervision and direction of the Clinical Nurse and according to established procedures, provides routine service duties, technical and nursing procedures necessary to provide for care, comfort and safety of patients. Performs tasks, assists patients with personal hygiene and meals and ambulates patients according to specific procedures. Maintains patient and unit environment in a clean and orderly condition. Utilizes basic knowledge of age related differences in delivering patient care.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Approximately six months on the job experience preferred, in order to gain knowledge of basic patient care methods, procedures and techniques, and to acquire and effectively utilize knowledge of unit procedures and schedules.
- New recipients of Certified Nurses Aide (CNA) certification will be considered.
- Current Nurse’s Aide Certification required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read in order to interpret type and level of patient care ordered, to write in order to record patient vital signs, to understand and follow instructions relating to basic patient care,
- Perform simple arithmetic calculations in order to take and record patients’ weight and vital signs at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent training program.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively and cordially interact with patients, Visitors, and physicians in a courteous manner.
- Ability to complete simple comparisons between numbers when taking patients’ vita signs and weight and to record routine information on patient charts.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail for unto twenty percent of work time when performing basic patient care tasks.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to ninety percent of work time when performing basic patient care tasks.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED