Patient Access Supervisor/Quality Assurance- Admitting Department
Patient Access Supervisor/ Quality Assurance- Admitting Department
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Under the direct supervision of Sr. Manager Scheduling/Registration Operations, the Patient Access Supervisor/Quality Assurance is responsible for key operational reports and controls which support Patient Access outcomes and expedite the revenue cycle.
The Patient Access Supervisor/Quality Assurance is a representative of management and serves as a liaison between Patient Access and other facility departments and physicians to resolve outstanding account issues, identify process gaps, tracks and trends outcomes, identifies opportunities for performance improvement, assists with the development of policy and procedure, and provides educational assistance as requested. As a key member of the Patient Access Department, this person drives excellence in process improvement and customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Supports the Patient Access department and promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Works with assigned staff to ensure the completion of Daily Reports and Controls assignments
5. Promptly resolves all billing edits on the daily failed bills and failed claims report within the scope of the Admissions Department, achieving the required targeted standard of outstanding total accounts and dollars
6. Resolves all duplicate account issues same day identified, and provides tracking and trending of performance improvement opportunities to Sr. Manager of Scheduling/Registration Operations and Director of Business Office as requested
7. Resolves all payment window issues in compliance with government rules and regulations
8. Daily reviews and conversions of quick registration to full registration; real time at multiple intervals throughout the day to ensure registrars achieve the required 30 minute conversion
9. Daily reviews and resolves outstanding accounts in pre status; ensuring appropriate system updates for cancellations and/or rescheduling of no shows
10. Tracking, Trending, and Reporting of daily productivity, registration turnaround times, and upfront collection by registrar
11. Effectively supervises assigned areas of Admissions to ensure quality, productivity, and excellent customer service
12. Performs patient registration, scheduling, and other duties as needed to ensure timely throughput and stellar service delivery
13. Ensures QA is performed daily on scheduling and registration functions in accordance with QA guidelines; maintain statistics; track, trend and train to ensure revenue integrity, denial prevention, and performance improvement
14. Compilation of department and individual dashboard indicators and posting on departmental bulletin boards System training for existing personnel and new hires1
5. Assists with process development and special assignments as requested by management
16. Maintains a clean Master Patient Index and work closely with Medical Records to ensure streamlined and accurate information exchange
17. Assists with the preparation of payroll and complete monthly work schedules in accordance with budget to ensure adequate staffing levels and minimal overtime; reporting labor variances as required
18. Makes interviewing, hiring, and counseling recommendations to Sr. Manager of Scheduling/Registration Operations
19. Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations
20. Oversees clinics work allocation, training, effective communication, auditing, coaching and achieving established productivity standards and key revenue cycle metrics to meet operational and organization needs.
21. Builds and maintains high quality scheduling, check-in/out, financial counseling, registration, timely precertification, and physician relations processes
22. Motivates staff to achieve peak productivity and performance through continuous feedback
23. Serves as a liaison between clinic administrative staff and clinical staff
24. Maintains positive and professional relationship with physicians, administration and vendors
25. Collaborates with Director of Radiology/Cardiology on development and implementation of written policies and procedures to ensure efficient operations and to meet established goals and timelines
26. Contributes to the development of A/R goals for Admissions
27. Conducts regular in-services for all areas of responsibility
28. Works closely with nursing and ancillary departments to ensure unity in service delivery
29. Assumes on-call responsibilities to ensure staff are appropriately managed after hours
30. Actively engaged in cost control with regard to quality outcomes without compromise to patient safety or quality of care
31. Attends and participates in meetings, in-services, and educational offerings appropriate to Admissions including but not limited to QI, JCAHO, Infection Control, Patient Safety, Revenue Integrity, and Performance Improvement
32. Works in conjunction with CBO to ensure appropriate, accurate and timely reimbursement for all
33. Follow up on patient concerns promptly
34. Practice and adhere to an ethical professional code of conduct in compliance with company mission/values
35. Other duties as assigned36. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by Steward Healthcare and demonstrated by.
37. Upholds the IASIS Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
38. Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
39. Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.- Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum 3 years previous hospital Business Office or Patient Access experience
EDUCATION & TRAINING:-
High school diploma or GED required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, experience may substitute degree requirement
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.- Additional languages preferred.- Advanced computer knowledge.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.