Nursing Director Perioperative Srvcs
Director of Perioperative Services- St. Joseph Medical Center
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Reports to CNO and is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and maintaining the management and delivery of quality patient care on all shifts within assigned service area. Regularly reviews and revises, as necessary, standards of care ensuring compliance with department and Hospital-wide performance improvement initiatives. Participates in investigation and resolution of patient concerns and complaints and ensures compliance with Hospital and regulatory agency requirements.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Approximately five to seven years progressively more responsible related work experience, with two years concurrent management experience in assigned specialty area, necessary in order to gain comprehensive knowledge of the organization, operation and coordination of several patient care units, in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of patient care theories and practices, and ability to contribute to overall department administration.
Current State license in Texas as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required (BLS).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Advanced knowledge of nursing theory, practice and administration in order to direct planning and implementation of patient care over multiple units, and to prepare related reports, analyses, polices and budgets.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an approved School of Nursing is required. A Master's degree from an approved School of Nursing or related field is preferred. If a Master’s degree is not held or employee is not currently working towards a Master's degree, certification in area of responsibility or certification in management is required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership, maintain a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Work cooperatively with a variety of Hospital managers, executives and staff.
- Analytical abilities necessary in order to evaluate delivery of care systems and nursing results; respond to deficiencies by identifying and implementing appropriate corrective action; develop and administer procedures and budgets; and organize and direct work of subordinates.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.