Nurse Manager - Behavioral Medicine
Has 24-hour accountability for the quality and efficiency of the department's nursing care. Responsible for maintaining staffing with the productivity standard and when variances occur he/she investigates contributing factors. Is responsible for the performance improvement planning and monitoring for the department. Has a good working knowledge of various psychiatric diagnoses and is a resource for nurses and mental health technicians.
SCOPE OF CARE:
A mental health treatment team delivers care and services consistent with professional standards of practice, licensure laws, and regulations. The treatment team works together to restore, improve and maintain the patient's assessed level of psychiatric functioning while minimizing symptoms exacerbation of chronic illnesses, impairments, and disabilities by utilizing an individualized treatment plan. There are 93 beds available - 12 beds available for Women's Behavioral Unit for professional women with mood disorders.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
At least five years experience working in the psychiatric field plus two years management experience.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Texas R.N. license; BSN preferred.
- Prefer mental health certification.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification required.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to Behavioral Medicine in order to effectively communicate with physicians, team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must demonstrate a caring and friendly attitude towards patients and customers.
- Must be able to work closely with physicians and other professionals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED