Nurse Educator- Women's Services
Nurse Educator -Women’s Services
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Collects pertinent information related to potential education needs of the Patient Care staff. Analyzes the assessment data to determine the target audience and the learner needs. Validates identified needs with the needs and goals of the organization and the professional practice councils. Identifies the general purpose and education objectives for each learning activity. Identifies and collaborates with content experts to develop activities. Individualizes learning activity content to the target audience (e.g. basic education, experience, and preferred method of learning), the resources available, and the domains of learning to facilitate learner's achievement of the education objectives. Uses available evidence, including research data, in the education process. Ensures that the planned educational activities implemented are consistent with the general purpose, objectives and content outline. Defines criteria for successful completion and verification of participation for each education activity. Education activities are varied, interactive and designed to facilitate the adult learning process. Summaries of evaluation responses, participant and presenter feedback, self-reported achievement, and retrospective and concurrent data collection activities and reports are shared with appropriate persons and counsel and are used to plan or revise future activities. Effectively administers the human resources, facilities, materials, equipment and technologies used for education purposes Demonstrates expertise in clinical area of specialization within depth understanding of current scientific concepts, professional practice standards, and relevant statutes and regulations. Maintains continuing competency through self- evaluation, participating in ongoing education activities related to practice knowledge and professional issues, and seeking of experiences that reflect current theories and methods of teaching, learning, and delivery. Practices in A manner that is sensitive to cultural diversity. Conducts and coordinates annual competency assessment activities for assigned areas. Formulates recommendations to improve nursing practice or outcomes. Assists in the design of methods to modify or eliminate barriers to effective nursing care. Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of guidelines and procedures for nursing practice. Conducts assessments, validates competency of new Patient Care Employees related to technical skills, critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and other related job skills. Provides leadership by serving in the roles of educator, facilitator, change agent and consultant to promote the professional growth of peers and other staff. Serves as a role model in support of clinical care, nursing process, patient assessment, and continuum of care issues. Participates in intra- and interdisciplinary teams that evaluate professional development. Provides guidance, resources, and knowledge for professional growth of others.
-5 years of recent clinical nurse experience on an acute care inpatient hospital unit- 2 years experience with program development, group presentations, and project management- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing procedures, processes, and acute care organizations.
• Master of Science in Nursing • Clinical Nurse Leader or Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS • Five years clinical nursing experience with three years in a clinical specialty.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
• Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements • American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) • American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) recognized certification in applicable specialty area
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations • Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security • Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles • Strong assessment, organizational and problem solving skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components • Ability to function independently and exercise judgment in interactions with physicians, interprofessional care team and patients and their families • Uses critical thinking skills and clinical judgment to work autonomously as defined by the Nurse Practice Act • Acts as effective change agent • Demonstrates proficient time management skills • Expert knowledge of Nursing Unit’s Dashboard and Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores • Demonstrates expertise in operating the electronic medical record • Maintains instructor-level certification and professional certifications
SKILLS:- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.- Additional languages preferred.- Basic computer knowledge.- Strong clinical, teaching, oral communication skills and education skills related to assigned areas.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.