- Performs all technical procedures within their respective modality sections as described in the Radiology Policy Manual.
- Meets the technical competency requirements for the position.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with all staff.
- Participates in professional education programs, patient/staff safety initiatives, and quality assurance/ improvement activities.
Responsibilities - General
- Adheres to established policies and procedures and maintain open communication with departmental leadership and other staff regarding patient care delivery, technical operations, equipment utilization, regulatory compliance, and continuing education.
- Ensures that all patients have a thorough understanding of the procedure to be performed and communicate relevant information in a compassionate and professional manner to patients undergoing procedures.
- Works with technologists and support staff to coordinate patient flow by monitoring hospital information and scheduling systems.
- Participates in departmental and institutional quality assurance/improvement programs and adhere to required infection control, environmental care, radiation safety, and general safety procedures to ensure overall patient, staff, and public safety.
- Monitors and performs required quality control on all imaging instrumentation, survey meters, calibrators, and other devices to ensure appropriate functionality and coordination of required service.
- Optimally performs all technical procedures associated within respective modalities and assists in imaging procedures as directed by the radiologist as well as perform complicated intravenous and intramuscular injections as required by modality and in accordance with HWPs.
- Performs routine back-up, transfer, archive and retrieval of imaging studies and maintain all necessary records and reports in a correct, timely, and efficient manner as well as create and evaluate softcopy and hardcopy production as needed.
- Ensures that all Federal, State, and local regulatory, accreditation, and organizational guidelines are met when performing job functions including during the receipt, administration, storage, disposal, and general management of radiology pharmaceuticals, supplies, and materials.
- Ensures quality patient care by helping to establish an orderly, clean, caring, and professional environment.
- Maintains departmental stocks and supplies and assist in managing an appropriate and fiscally responsible supply inventory by adhering to the established materials management program.
- Ensures that business and patient information (e.g., images, demographics and reports) is properly handled with proper measures dedicated to the maintenance of security and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- For Angiography, CT, MRI, Radiologic Technologists: establishes intravenous access; administers imaging contrast media as directed by departmental policies and procedures and HWPs.
- For Nuclear Medicine Technologists: establishes intravenous access; administers radiopharmaceutical imaging agents as directed by departmental policies and procedures and HWPs.
- For Angiography, CT, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiologic, and Ultrasonography Technologists: applies room/cylinder oxygen via mask/nasal cannula per order.
Responsibilities - Staff (by modality)
- Angiography Technologist: will perform radiographic procedures; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director.
- CT Technologist: will perform computed tomography procedures while adhering to established guidelines and assisting in the training of new technologists; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director.
- Mammography Technologist: will perform screening and diagnostic mammographic procedures as well as bone densitometry and may also encompass the responsibilities of a Radiologic Technologist; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director.
- MRI Technologist: will perform procedures magnetic resonance imaging procedures; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist: will perform nuclear medicine procedures; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director. o Radiologic Technologist: will perform radiographic procedures; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director.
- Ultrasonography Technologist: will perform ultrasonography procedures including abdominal, gynecological, O/B, and vascular exams; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to ensure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed