Monitor Technician - Telemetry - FT, 7p - 7a
The Monitoring Technician is responsible for on-going surveillance of patient cardiac monitors and provides RNs and/or clinicians with immediate notification of any changes in cardiac rhythms. The technician delivers telemetry to monitored units and performs monitor hook-up/discharge, patient preparation, and teaching related to the monitor. Oversees Nurseview monitoring screen and takes appropriate action as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
One year experience monitoring ECG/Dysrhythmia in a physician's office, clinic, hospital or similar setting required.
High school diploma or GED.
Successful completion of SJMC Clinical Education & Professional Development Dysrhythmia course and EKG exam prior to completion of orientation.
Possess and maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health care Providers.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy/physiology of the heart.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clinicians, and the general public.
- Ability to work under moderate pressure for extended periods of time.
- Ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times to emergent and non-emergent requests.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED