Laboratory Technical Supervisor (HT)
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Director, performs duties of staff Histologist such as preparing and processing specimens, performing Clinical Laboratory tests, analyzing and interpreting test results, and assisting with communication of test results to patients, physicians, and employees. Provides technical and scientific oversight of the CLIA specialty or subspecialties as assigned. This may include but is not limited to: procedure development and review, review of quality control with corrective action as necessary, equipment management to ensure proper function, and proactive research and process improvement initiatives of new technologies. Also assists Lab Director with local management functions.
The laboratory at SJMC is a full service laboratory fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Services include:
- Hermatology, Special Hematology incl. stains and semen analysis
- Urinalysis-biochemical dipstick and microscopic
- Chemistry-routine profiles, cardiac, toxicology, TDMs, immunoassays
- Microbiology-routine cultures, O&Ps, CSFs, and gram stains
- Transfusion Services-full service transfusioni center capable of blood typing, antibody screening and identification, compatibility testing, and rhogam testing. Blood products are stocked on site and available upon request at GCRBC.
- Reference Lab-testing not performed in-house is sent to a reference lab.
- Anatomic Pathology-Hisopathology/Cytopatholoy offers anatomic pathological diagnosis. Frozen sections performed in house. Rare antibody testing sent to a reference lab.
- Outpatient collection services
- Courier transportation services
Hours of Operation:
Clinical Laboratory Testing services - 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
Outpatient collection services - Monday - Friday 0730-1700
Anatomic Pathology services - Monday - Friday 0700-1700
Outreach Services - pickups Monday - Friday 0800-1830, weekend - STAT only, all testing 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
A minimum of fives years as a Histologist within the specialty is preferred.
Certification as a Histologist..
Education & Training:
HT - Completion of a CAHEA approved program in Histo Technology.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, and patients and their families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Intermediate computer knowledge.
- Ability to work under stress in order to perform effectively in the position.
- Demonstrates flexibility and initiative in workflow management.
- Ability to lead a team
- Experience with Laboratory Accreditation Inspections
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED