Housekeeping (Environmental Services) Department Supervisor - FT, 2nd Shift
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Providing and explaining job descriptions and area assignments. Conduct training on the correct cleaning procedures and the proper way to use the floor equipment.
5. Make available ongoing associate support through acting as a "sounding board" for ideas and proposed problem resolution. Provide continuing in-service training, assisting associates with project work and support associates with interpersonal issues by interfacing with hospital personnel.
6. Monitor and evaluate associate execution of assigned duties by; conducting daily informal walk-through (visual inspection), inspections of completed project work, observe on the job training, emphasizing and enforcing safety practices.
7. Actively participates in the entire disciplinary process up to and including the termination of Associates that fail to adhere to CSJH policy and expectations.
8. Conducts the interviewing process of potential job candidates.
9. Conversing in a professional and sensitive manner with key personnel on a regularly scheduled basis. Being responsive to requests and concerns of hospital personnel and provide consistent follow-up.
10. Other duties as assigned.
11. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS Healthcare and demonstrated by:
a. Upholds the IASIS Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
b. Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
c. Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Prefer 3-5 year environmental services or equivalent managerial experience.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Work requires a level of general education development and knowledge of EVS Services at a level normally acquired through completion of a High School Diploma or GED
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to read and write in order to receive and distribute instructions.
- Basis analytical skills necessary to comply with established reporting requirements for tracking performance, evaluations, and training.