Food Service Worker - Hospital
Introduce patient to VIP Room Service and assist patient with menu selections. Assemble, deliver and pick up trays for each meal service. Responsible for patient special requests and needs and provide in-between meal food delivery. Relay patient food issues/concerns to Culinary Services and Nursing. Interact with Nursing with regard to patient nutrition needs or requirements. React accurately and effectively to all changes to ensure efficient timing of services and accuracy of diet ordered by physician. Know and understand dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations. Provide quality service which will be evident by good internal and/or external patient satisfaction survey results on assigned units.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in health care environment desirable, but not required
- Current Food Handler Certificate / Card
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English (or other languages as necessary), follow written and verbal instructions and complete simple computational skills
- Strong verbal communication, reading and writing abilities required. Ability to interact with patients and staff in a professional and courteous manner
- Basic computer skills. Basic math skills
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer knowledge
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- 401K w/match after 1 year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Tuition with affiliated University
- Inexpensive Parking
- Easy accessibility from Houston Freeways
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Ancillary Insurance
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.