Food Service Worker/Dishwasher, FT 2nd Shift
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision and in accordance with defined procedures and established schedules, sets up tray line assembly, portions foods for patient trays according to menu selections, and transports trays to patients on Nursing units, or working in café. Performs a variety of other related duties including loading and operating dishwashers, preparing basic food items and maintaining the work area in clean and orderly condition.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Removes trash as necessary.
5. Washes pots and pans utilizing three-sink method.
6. Washes wares in dish machine as necessary.
7. Performs cleaning task as assigned or scheduled.
8. Observes infection control practices at all times.
9. Attends departmental meetings, in-services, and continuing education classes.
10. Performs any other duties as required, in catering, café, or drs lounges.
11. Transports trays to patient care areas by use of food carts. Transport individual trays and nourishments according to patient menu selections. Transport food from kitchen to serving line as needed.
12. Removes paper, trash and utensils from serving trays, and places and removes dirty utensils and dinnerware on dish room conveyor.
13. Loads dishwashers according to procedure, and unloads dishes, utensils, glasses and so forth from dishwashing machines; and places in appropriate storage areas.
14. Maintains proper sanitation standards in work areas by cleaning counters, tables and refrigerators; mopping floors and so forth. Keeps work areas neat and orderly.
15. Assigned tasks and projects.
16. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
17. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Work requires experience based knowledge of relatively simple work routines, procedures, materials and/or equipment used in a Nutritional Services operation as normally acquired through one month of on-the-job experience; in order to learn Dietetics tray line procedures, to become familiar with tray line assembly, and to learn Hospital policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Basic reading, writing and math skills as typically acquired through the completion of a High School Diploma, GED, or the equivalent in work experience; in order to read and follow verbal and written instructions, and to perform noncomplex arithmetic calculations when preparing basic food items and maintaining simple logs and records.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to greet customers.
- Basic analytically skills necessary in order to portion proper amounts of food and stock food stations with necessary items.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when serving customers, counting and weighing food items, inventorying supplies and preparing limited food items.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.