Floor Tech - FT, 1st shift
Under general supervision and according to established cleaning protocols, performs repetitive cleaning and sanitation of assigned areas throughout the hospital. Ensures the patient environment is within general cleanliness standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized discloser of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Buffs, polishes and strips floors using heavy equipment.
- Cleans and buffs hard surfaces.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- Performs minor operational maintenance as well as advanced cleaning procedures for carpeted floor and carpeted care.
- Clean public areas, empty trash, linen, garbage containers, and may handle hazardous waste.
- Other duties as assigned.
10. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS Healthcare and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the IASIS Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
11. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 6 months of related work experience preferred. Experience in all phases of floor care preferred. Experience with VCT/Vinyl floor maintenance preferred. Carpet care experience helpful.
- Helpful but not required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Prefer High School Diploma/ GED.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to adequately communicate by means of oral and written instructions.