EMS Manager- Part Time without Benefits
The EMS Manager is charged with managing and growing the day to day relationships with our EMS partners that transport into and out of Steward hospitals. The EMS manager will work closely with the Hospital’s EMS Medical Director to support their role and responsibilities and to actively grow Affiliate services and manage other EMS business and relationships within Steward through formal contractual relationships. The EMS Manager will serve as a Liaison to the hospital’s Executive Team on all matters involving EMS operations. The EMS Manager will actively work to improve collaboration, integration, and coordination with area EMS services.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers
(internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with
respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing
interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Should possess a strong EMS knowledge base with a reputation for collaboration, innovation, and team building. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. Must be capable of critical thinking skills to strengthen and grow business relationships.
- Education: Should possess EMT, Paramedic (preferred), or other healthcare related certifications/licensure (NRP, RN, PA). BS in Management, Healthcare, or Administration preferred. Equivalent EMS management or healthcare experience will be considered.
- Experience: 8 years of EMS or healthcare clinical experience. EMS or healthcare leadership experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Texas EMT certification or other clinical certification/license
- Software/Hardware: Functional knowledge in MS Office applications as well as common EMS software applications.