- Serve as a liaison between the Hospital and area EMS agencies on issues related to EMS and hospital operations.
- Actively participate in internal and external meetings related to advancement of EMS service line.
- Manage and grow EMS Affiliations within the Hospital’s area services.
- Assist Hospital’s EMS Medical Director with administrative functions:
- Affiliation Agreement management and coordination
- EMS Grand Rounds preparation and administrative oversight
- EMS Provider Credentialing
- EMS Care investigations
- EMS Medical Director/Service/Provider relationships and DPH reporting
- Coordinate EMS educational classes for area EMS providers
- Work with hospital emergency department leadership to assure proper data capture on EMS relevant metrics.
- Work with hospital emergency department leadership on issues related to EMS.
- Monitor EMS metrics/data for trends or issues.
- Coordinate and promote EMS recognition events (EMS Week, Hospital Week, etc.).
- Remain knowledgeable on local, state, and national EMS issues.
- Positively promote Steward’s commitment to EMS in all of the above duties.
- Sits on and is an active member of regional EMS committee and subcommittees
- Managing projects in support of hospital business objectives.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Should possess a strong EMS knowledge base with a reputation for collaboration, innovation, and team building. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. Must be capable of critical thinking skills to strengthen and grow business relationships.
- Education: Should possess EMT, Paramedic (preferred), or other healthcare related certifications/licensure (NRP,RN, PA). BS in Management, Healthcare, or Administration preferred. Equivalent EMS management or healthcare experience will be considered.
- II. Experience: 8 years of EMS or healthcare clinical experience. EMS or healthcare leadership experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Texas EMT certification or other clinical certification/license
- IV. Software/Hardware: Functional knowledge in MS Office applications as well as common EMS software applications.
- V. Other: