Location: St. Joseph Medical Center
Posted Date: 5/27/2021
Patient Access Director
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
The Director is responsible for the daily operations of all functions of the Patient Access Department and serves as a liaison between the Corporate, Business Office and the facility. Departments reporting to the director are Admitting, Central Scheduling, and E/R Registration.
The Director integrates the department services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance and ensures orientation and continuing education of department staff. As the leader, this person drives
excellence in customer service. This person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and participate in the selection of outside services.
They serve as a key promoter of the Corporate Business Office, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers. Other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision, and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision, and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Upholds the code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to present or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Supports, review, and understand DNV’s compliance activities and expectations.
- Ensures departmental compliance with DNV standards. Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations
- Provides and assures timely compliance education as requested by Compliance Officer and/or thorough corporate initiatives.
- Upholds the Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance. People Consistently follows facility guidelines and procedures in performance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through presentations, written reports, policies, meetings, and telephone calls.
- Oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes.
- Assumes on-call responsibility to ensure staff are appropriately managed after hours.
- Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering quality practices.
- Recruits and directs the management resources needed to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Conducts regular staff meeting and in-services for all areas of Patient Access.
- Perform employee evaluations in a timely manner; utilizing standard trended individual and department performance measures; ensure competencies are met and competency checklists are appropriately maintained.
- Develop and implement the technology and information system needed to facilitate the consolidation of services, ensure overall cost reduction, and maximize the effectiveness of Patient Access management.
Completes annual education requirements.
Promotes of a culture of patient safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment. Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources. Performs patient registration, scheduling and other duties as needed to ensure timely throughput and stellar service delivery. Maintains a clean master Patient Index and work closely with
Medical records to ensure streamlines and accurate information exchange.
Ensures QA is performed daily on scheduling and registration functions in accordance with QA guidelines; maintain statistics; track, trend and train to ensure revenue integrity, denial prevention and performance improvement
Enhances patient experience by fostering a positive relationship with customers.
Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
Works closely with marketing in relation to new physician recruitment.
Contributes to the development of A/R goals for Patient Access
Promotes stewardship of hospital resources while ensuring quality patient care.
Comply with all reimbursement and billing procedures for regulatory, third party and private insurance payors.
Applies tools and processes to successfully manage accounts receivables to budget.
Prepare payroll and complete monthly work scheduled in accordance with budget to ensure adequate staffing levels and minimal overtime reporting labor variances as required.
Leads financial clearance process through strategies that protect the facility’s revenue while simultaneously achieving the highest patient experience and increasing point of service collection goals.
Monitor and maintain daily operation reports and controls within the required standard.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
Bachelor’s degree in a Business field or extended healthcare management experience in Scheduling and Registration (Patient Access).
Minimum of 5 years previous hospital Business Office or Patient Access
Multi-facility/entity experience preferred.
Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
Other certification requirements as defined by the certification policy. Advance computer knowledge.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.