Director of Patient Experience
The Director of Patient Experience acts as the hospital champion to promote a culture of service excellence to deliver an exemplary patient, family and visitor experience that positively impacts outcomes (Press Ganey, HCHAPS).The Patient Experience Director's focus is on developing and implementing a patient and family-centered 5 star experience utilizing best practice strategies. Responsible for creating and leading training programs for all staff, including physicians, to continuously improve the patient experience. Provide direct oversight and evaluation of staff employed as Patient Experience Associates and Hospital Greeter Program. Analyzes patient experience data and metrics to create and implement initiatives that result in meeting established goals for patient satisfaction. The Director of Patient Experience will provide back-up coverage for the Patient Advocate in their absence.
The Director of Patient Experience will be responsible for coordinating, planning and executing system-wide service excellence and patient relation programs. The Director will develop and oversee a data driven program by collecting, tracking, and analyzing service excellence trends for optimizing service outcomes. This individual will implement and communicate a strategic vision in partnership with the senior leadership team that will ultimately cascade down to the departmental level. The Director will provide continuous updates on the progress and opportunities of all patient relation initiatives to all stakeholders.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education and Training Experience Required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, Masters Preferred
- Experience: 5 years healthcare management & customer relations experience, or comparable leadership background.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- The ability to teach, lead and motivate others.
- The ability to analyze and display statistical data.
- Presentation skills.
- Software Usage: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- The ability to function in a highly matrixed environment.